There are basically four categories that all air conditioner breakdowns fall into, and depending on the age, location, and condition or your air conditioner, you may be able to figure out which category your broken air conditioner falls into. Four Seasons Heating and Air Conditioning can repair or replace your system no matter the cause of its problem, and if you air conditioner falls into the most common breakdown category, we may even be able to help you prevent future failures as well!
Four Categories of Breakdowns:
- Lack of Maintenance: About 90% of air conditioner breakdowns are caused by lack of maintenance. Dirt, debris, and other contaminants are like a disease for your air conditioner, and if you are not having them cleaned out regularly, this is probably the source of your breakdown. Although it is most common, it is also the most preventable type of breakdown. A simple, low cost tune-up from Four Seasons every year will keep your system functioning for years to come.
- Old Age: Homeowner that take good care of their air conditioners will often get a good 15 to 25 years worth of comfort out of them. The reason why these systems ultimately fail is because of old age. The parts in the system can only function for so long before they need to be replaced, and if you system is at its age limit, replacement is often cheaper than trying to salvage the old unit with new parts.
- Improper Use: Improper use of the air conditioner also leads to part breakdown. If you use the air conditioner when it is too cold outside, you are likely to cause damage to its components. If your system is undersized or oversized for your home, it will also fail prematurely and need replacement.
- Physical Damage: Physical damage can be caused by anything from a lawnmower to a fallen tree. These are not as common of problems, but when they happen, they often lead to major repairs or replacement of the system.
Don’t Hesitate to Call!
If you think you may know what is causing your problem, or even if you have no idea, call Four Seasons! Our NATE certified technicians can handle anything your air conditioner can dish out, and with the heat we are already getting this summer, the sooner you have the unit fixed, the sooner you will restore comfort to your home!
Other Related articles
- Your Thermostat and Your Air Conditioner| Hickory Hills, Palos Heights
- What is GAMA? | Harwood Heights, Villa Park, Oak Lawn
- Bugs in Your Air Conditioner| Arlington Heights, Bedford Park, Steger
- Minimizing Air Conditioner Use | Elmwood Park, Stickney, Rosemont
- Air Conditioner Tune-Up No Breakdown Guarantee! | Frankfort, Berwyn