Spring is officially here! Although some cold may linger for a few weeks, we have already seen a few days that gave us a glimpse into the warmer future. With the onset of spring, it is now time to have the air conditioner cleaned and checked by your NATE certified technician from Four Seasons. For those that haven’t had their air conditioner cleaned in years, you may be wondering what all the fuss is about when it comes to air conditioner maintenance. Some homeowners have gotten lucky with their air conditioner and the unit seems to just always work when they need it. However, these people are the exception to the rule. For the majority of those that do not have yearly maintenance performed, the air conditioner is in constant disrepair.
Consider for a moment just how long the air conditioner has not been in use and the type of weather conditions this unit has been through during that time. For many homeowners, 8 or 9 months could go by before the air conditioner is needed once again. That means that the air conditioner has been exposed to falling leaves, rain, hail, and even a blizzard during these past fall and winter seasons. Remnants from the harsh weather along with dust and other debris from the inside of your home now coat the external condenser as well as the internal components of the system. This kind of build-up can cause big problems for your air conditioner this summer, but if doesn’t yet have you convinced, consider some of the other benefits that come from having your air conditioner cleaned and maintained every year.
The Benefits of Air Conditioner Maintenance
- Improved Performance: Poorly maintained air conditioners do not transfer cool air very well because parts like the blower motor and the coils are coated in debris. This coating makes it more difficult for the air conditioner to remove heat from the air in your home, and therefore will decrease your comfort. Having the system cleaned will make it easy for air conditioner to get your home cool and comfortable. Our tech will also check your refrigerant levels to ensure that you don’t have leaks in the system that could make it even more difficult to get your home to a desirable temperature.
- Breakdown Prevention: A dirty air conditioner is much more prone to failure than a system that is properly cared for. Many homeowners are forced to hire emergency service during the height of summer to come fix a problem that could have been easily prevented if they had had the unit cleaned by Four Seasons. An $89.95 tune-up from Four Seasons is much more affordable than a repair, and when you consider the hassle associated with fixing a broken air conditioner, why not act now to prevent it from ever failing in the first place?
- Lower Energy Bills: A clean air conditioner is much more efficient than a dirty system, and the higher the efficiency that you’re a/c can attain, the better. With every passing year that your system goes without maintenance, the SEER rating, or the energy efficiency rating, is lowered. Having a Four Seasons tech clean your system will restore it as close to factor specifications as possible and save you money on your energy bills all summer long.
- Improved Air Quality: Homeowners that don’t have the air conditioner cleaned seasonally often neglect other areas of maintenance as well. One of these is the replacement of the filter. Not replacing the filter will further degrade energy efficiency, allow even more particles to build up in your unit, and allow millions of disgusting particles to circulate through the air in your home. Our tech can set you up with a summer’s worth of filter replacements, and offer great advice about changing the filter in your particular unit.
- Increased Lifespan: Air conditioners that are well maintained last significantly longer than poorly maintained units that undergo several repairs. These poorly cared for units undergo a lot of stress when they are in operation and when they are being repaired. This added stress cuts years of the systems lifespan, and unless you want to replace your air conditioner every ten years, maintenance needs to begin now! Well cared for systems can last 15 to 20 years!
So what are you waiting for? Call Four Seasons today and scheduled your tune-up before it is time to turn on the air conditioner. Don’t let this summer’s heat get the best of your air conditioner, so contact Four Seasons Heating and Air Conditioning NOW!
Other Related articles
- HVAC Spring Cleaning| South Holland, Bellwood, Calumet City
- Top 8 Areas to Clean During Spring! | New Lenox, Matteson, Joliet
- Dispelling the Misconceptions| Streamwood, Markham, Hoffman Estates
- Blown-in Fiberglass Insulation| Hoffman Estates, Summit, Harvey
- Warranty Coverage and the Need for Maintenance| Blue Island, Lockport