When putting together your spring cleaning list, you may quickly becomes overwhelmed by the large number of items that need to be scrubbed, mopped, organized, and polished, and it may be tempting to leave a few items off the list just for the sake of your time and your sanity. However, Four Seasons has come up with a list of the top 8 areas of the home that must be on your spring cleaning list. For those that don’t have the extra time to get these jobs done, Four Seasons Heating and Air Conditioning and Four Seasons Home Services can complete these projects quickly and efficiently so you can get back to enjoying the new season.
The Top 8 Checklist:
1. The Air Conditioner: The air conditioner is going to be the unit that sustains comfort in your home for the next several months. Getting the system to operates efficiently and reliably requires a thorough professional cleaning and tune-up. At Four Seasons we offer a certified 20 + point cleaning that will get rid of the debris from winter and prepare your unit for the long hot summer ahead.
2. The Lawn and Yard: After being buried under several feet of snow for much of the season, your lawn and landscape are probably in desperate need of rejuvenation. The Four Seasons Home Services division has a crew of servicemen who can get your yard looking beautiful in no time at all. Get a jump on spring and have Four Seasons clean everything from your gutters to your deck.
3. The Hot Water Tank: When maintaining the heating and cooling systems in the home, the hot water tank is often forgotten, but unless you want to deal with unexpected cold showers, now is the perfect time to have the system maintained. Sediment can buildup in the tank and block the burners from functioning properly. A thorough tune-up from a technician at Four Seasons will both increase efficiency and extend the life of your hot water tank.
4. The Refrigerator: The refrigerator and the freezer spent much of the past season housing lavish holiday meals and the remnants of those dishes are probably still lingering in the appliance. If the refrigerator is still in good shape, a full cleaning top to bottom is defiantly needed at this time. If you are in the market for a new unit, Four Seasons can help you install the new system and make it blend seamlessly with the rest of your kitchen.
5. The Garage: No matter home many times you organize the garage, in a few days it is once again a disheveled mess. The problem is organization. Unless you have a specific place for each item stored in the garage, it is very difficult to keep it from becoming untidy. Our home improvements and organization experts can build custom cabinetry to meet all of your garage storage needs.
6. The Duct Work: Four Seasons is your duct cleaning pros and if you have never had your duct work cleaned now is the time to do so. Take a peek in one of your ducts and you will discover years of dust and other debris that has built up. These particles could be affecting the airflow in your home and quite frankly the mess is pretty disgusting. Have Four Seasons clean out your ducts and you will enjoy a summer with cleaner air, efficient cooling, and better airflow.
7. The Dryer Vent: While Four Seasons is out cleaning the duct work, why not have them care for the dryer vent as well? Over the past season, the dryer took on extra lint with all of the heavy winter clothes. The excess lint can decrease the systems efficiency and cause a fire if the buildup becomes severe. Four Seasons can clear the vent easily with our high powered equipment, and with the increase in efficiency you may even see some savings on your energy bills.
8. The Attic: Lastly, the attic is often the area of the home that is either unused completely or used as a dumping ground for excess storage. What you may not realize is that this area of the home is also responsible for holding in much of the heating and cooling created by your HVAC system. While you are up there cleaning up and maybe adding more things to storage, consider the amount of insulation in this space. If the amount is low, call Four Seasons and we can pack in an extra layer of insulation. This will increase comfort and savings all year round, and is one of the most important areas of the home to consider this spring season.
Other Related articles
- HVAC Spring Cleaning| South Holland, Bellwood, Calumet City
- Dryer Vent Fires| Lemont, Carol Stream, Lynwood
- The Forgotten Vent | Streamwood, Bolingbrook, Lyons
- Spring Cleaning Tips
- One Contractor to Meet All Your Needs| Westmont, Indian Head Park