Four Seasons Heating and Air Conditioning is your all around home comfort specialist, and we handle much more than just your typical heating and cooling jobs. We also specialize in attic insulation, among other things, and when you trust Four Seasons to install insulation in your home, you can expect the same high quality products and customer service that you have come to expect from our heating and cooling services. When Four Seasons installs attic insulation, we don’t use the traditional batts and rolls of fiberglass that you may already have up in your attic. Instead we use blown-in fiberglass insulation because of the many benefits it delivers over its competition.
Benefits of Blown-in Fiberglass Insulation:
- Green Friendly: The type of blown-in fiberglass insulation that we use at Four Season is composed of glass fibers and sand. The glass is 35% recycled and according to the EPA, sand is one of the Earth’s most rapidly renewable resources.
- Pest Resistance: The attic is a very common place to find rodents, pests, and their droppings. Luckily the insulation you have installed by Four Seasons will help keep these pests from turning your attic into their home in the first place.
- Fire Resistance: It is very hard to ignite fiberglass insulation because it is non-combustible.
- Absorbency: Blown-in fiberglass insulation will not absorb water. Other types of insulation will absorb water, and this diminishes their effectiveness and promotes mold and mildew growth.
- R-Value Retention: Other types of insulation will lose their R-value over time. This means that they lose their ability to effectively insulate your home from the elements. Blown-in fiberglass will retain its r-value well during the life of your home.
- Tested Over Time: Fiberglass has been used for years as an effective way to improve the energy efficiency of a home. Blown-in fiberglass may be a rather new method of installation, but it fills in all of the cracks that were missed by the more traditional batts of fiberglass that you probably have in your attic right now.
If you haven’t considered upgrading your attic insulation before, now is the time to give it some thought because you could be saving big every month. Take a look at your next heating bill, and if you find yourself paying much more money than you’d like to, give us a call.
Other Related articles
- Insulation: Batts vs. Blown-In | Evanston, Plainfield, Downers Grove
- Attic Insulation Scams 101| Midlothian, Homewood, Worth
- Your Home’s Winter Coat | Evanston, Oak Lawn, Palos Hills
- Should I Insulate My Home? | Harvey, Tinley Park, Olympia Fields
- Dispelling the Misconceptions| Streamwood, Markham, Hoffman Estates