May is National Allergy and Asthma Awareness Month! Which makes it a good time to clean your HVAC system to help improve your indoor air quality for those suffering. Here are 4 reasons why you should get your heating, cooling and duct system cleaned:
- If you have an air conditioner tune up performed it will do a better job of dehumidifying your home, plus save you money by operating more efficiently. Combined with regularly changing your filter and your are well on your way to making the air in your home cleaner.
- There are many indoor air quality products that can help purify the air in your home which can be added to your system. If you do not have an Air Cleaner or Air Purification system the next best thing you can do is to have a professional cleaning and inspection of your furnace and air conditioner.
- The duct systems in many homes often get ignored when it comes to home maintenance. Oftentimes the duct system is responsible for the dust particles, pet dander and pollen that travel through your home as it gets repeatedly cycled through your system. A professional duct cleaning as part of your HVAC maintenance can help remove the dust particles and other irritants associated with household allergies.
- Regular maintenance and cleaning of your heating & cooling system will save you money by keeping your system running efficiently and using less energy. Ultimately the greatest benefit to having your system cleaned is that it can make the air that circulates inside your home cleaner. This should help reduce symptoms of allergies and reduce irritants that can alleviate asthma conditions making your everyday life more enjoyable for you and your family.
Other Related articles
- Do my Air Ducts need to be cleaned?
- Ways to control allergies
- Energy Saving tips – Air Conditioning Season
- Saving money with furnace and water heater