Some general rules of thumb regarding Space heaters and electric heater.
- Never place a gas or electric space heater near any material that can burn, such as, furniture, draperies, paper, plastic, wood, etc.
- You should never leave a space heater on and unattended as it can be a fire hazard.
- Be sure to keep children away from them and be sure they understand that they are hot and that they will get burned if they touch them.
Space heaters are safe, effective when used properly under adult supervision, and in accordance with the manufacturer’s directions. As with any tool or appliance, when used correctly they are a safe and effective means of heating a small space.
As space heaters and electric heaters tend to be less efficient per square foot heated you should only use them for temporary localized heating.
Other Related articles
- Homes that don’t heat evenly
- Flood Damaged Heating and Cooling Equipment
- Water Heater Energy Saving Solutions
- Water Heater Maintenance
- Chicago Energy Efficiency Rebates