The holiday season for many involves a house full of guests, presents, and food, and for most of those people, it also means spending extra money to accommodate everyone’s needs. An easy way to save some money during this season is by saving money on your heating bills. With the help of Four Seasons, saving energy and saving money is easier than you may think.
- Maintenance: If you have not had your heating system cleaned by one of the servicemen at Four Seasons, that is your first step to more efficient heating this winter. Our 20 + point certified tune up will get your furnace or boiler running as efficiently and reliably as possible. So when your guests arrive you can focus your time on family and friends and not on your heating system and unwanted breakdowns.
- Thermostat Settings: Set the thermostat back two degrees all season long and you will increase the amount of savings that you will earn this winter. Also, when the holiday parties are in full swing, turn the thermostat back a little further. The added heat from cooking and extra bodies will keep the air in your home warm, and your normal setting may be too high to keep everyone comfortable.
- Temperature Wars: If you are having guests for an extended stay, you may end up in a thermostat war. You want your guests to be comfortable, but you don’t want to drive up your heating bills by setting the thermostat too high. Consider having Four Seasons install a zoning system on your heating system. This will allow everyone to adjust the temperature in their zone of the home to their desired level of comfort. This conserves energy because you don’t have to overheat the entire home to make one person comfortable.
- Install a Humidifier: Moist air feels warmer than dry air. A home set at 68 degrees with a humidifier running often feels warmer than a home set at 72 degrees with dry air. Increase comfort and decrease the amount of time the furnace has to run by installing a humidifier from Four Seasons today!
- Programmable Thermostat: With all of the extra time you will be spending outside of the home this season at parties and out shopping, take advantage of the opportunity to set the thermostat back to 65 degrees. Lowering the thermostat while you are away will conserve energy, and using a programmable thermostat to adjust the temperature for you will ensure that you get the maximum savings this holiday season!
If any one of these tips sounds like something you want to do in your home, don’t hesitate! Call Four Seasons today, and we will get your home saving energy in no time at all. With all of the extra money saved, you will have more to spend on the things and the people that truly matter to you this holiday season.
Other Related articles
- Energy Saving tips – Air Conditioning Season
- More Energy Saving Tips
- Water Heater Energy Saving Solutions
- Dispelling the Misconceptions| Streamwood, Markham, Hoffman Estates
- Protect the Air Conditioner this Winter| Orland Park, Lynwood, Hinsdale