If you are one of the many homeowners that have recently replaced their old furnace, you are probably hoping that this recent investment will last for long time. However, keeping your furnace in good shape takes a lot more than just crossing our fingers and hoping. It takes an attentive eye and help from a reliable HVAC contractor like Four Seasons Heating and Air Conditioning. Many homeowners will replace their furnace and make all of the same mistakes that they made with the old system. You can change that with this unit, but keeping these tips in mind and having Four Seasons by your side.
Four Tips to Improve Your Furnaces Longevity
- Yearly Maintenance: Having your furnace cleaned and checked yearly by a pro from Four Seasons is the single most important step towards having a furnace that will last its expected lifespan if not longer. Cleanings keep the parts in your system from breaking down prematurely and will allow the unit to run more efficiently. Units that are poorly maintained break down more frequently and will need to be replaced sooner than you may life.
- Filter Changes: Changing the filter every month in between your yearly maintenance checks will keep the systems operations running smoothly all year round.
- Make the Rest of the Home Energy Efficient: By making your home more air tight and therefore more energy efficient, you reduce to load on the furnace and reduce the run times. This saves energy and prevents the furnace from becoming overworked.
- Don’t Ignore the Warning Signs: Sometimes things go wrong even when you maintain your unit properly. When these things happen, there are usually warning signs that a problem is on the horizon. Strange noises and abnormal operation should be checked out sooner rather than latter by a trained professional. When you neglect to have problems taken care of promptly, you could cause more damage to the system than there would have been had you called Four Seasons right away!
Put your investment in the hands of Four Seasons and we will help you get the most out of it. Unless you can afford to replace your unit every 5 to 10 years, consider implementing these ideas in your home today!
Other Related articles
- A Filter-less Furnace | Homewood, Tinley Park, Oak Lawn
- More Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips | Barrington, Harvey, Hometown
- Protect the Air Conditioner this Winter| Orland Park, Lynwood, Hinsdale
- Dust Inside Your Furnace | Ingleside, Prairie View, Richton Park
- A Top of the Line Furnace| Downers Grove, Hinsdale, Alsip
Tags: Bensenville, Bloomingdale, Chicago, cleaning, early detection, energy efficiency, filter replacement, Four Seasons, Furnace, Hinsdale, home improvement, IL, investment, lifespan, longevity, maintenance, repairs, Tune Up