Have you ever heard of a passive house? Unless you are an energy buff you probably haven’t, but these homes may be the homes of the future. These homes have already gained massive popularity in Europe and other parts of the world, and the concept has recently reached our shores as well. Passive homes are truly revolutionary because they don’t rely on a furnace for home heating, and yet they stay incredibly comfortable. These homes are not only energy efficient, but they employ several alternative heating and cooling methods to keep costs down and comfort up.
Super thick insulation, well placed windows, an ingenious ventilation system, and a wood pellet stove work together to keep these homes comfortable, and although you may not be able to achieve this high level of efficiency without rebuilding your home, you can still take advantage of energy savings in your home with the help of Four Seasons.
Improving Your Efficiency
- Energy Assessment: Having your home professionally assessed by Four Seasons is the first step towards making energy efficient improvements. Once you know where your home is most inefficient, Four Seasons can help you improve the situation. Whether your need is for a new furnace or air conditioner or if you have leaks that need to be sealed, Four Seasons Heating and Air Conditioning and Four Seasons Home Services are here to help.
- Improving Insulation: Insulation is the key to keeping passive homes comfortable, and though it would be impossible to put that much insulation into an already finished home, there are areas of the home that can benefit from improved levels of insulation. The attic, for example, is one such area. When you have Four Seasons blow in fiberglass insulation, you will see immediate savings on your energy bills.
- Replacing Windows: The windows in your home could be the source of your energy waste. Old single pane windows or even windows that are just poorly sealed can waste hundreds of dollars worth of energy every year. Have Four Seasons Home Services out to take a look at your window situation, and see whether they need to be replaced or resealed.
- Upgrading Appliances: The furnace, air conditioner, and hot water tank use the majority of the energy in your home. Upgrading these units to systems with near perfect efficiency could save you bit time every month and every year on your energy bills. Four Seasons can get your home on the right track today. All you have to do is call.
Other Related articles
- An Odor You Can’t Ignore| Harvey, Lombard, Steger
- Future of Heating and Cooling?
- Should I Insulate My Home? | Harvey, Tinley Park, Olympia Fields
- Your Home’s Winter Coat | Evanston, Oak Lawn, Palos Hills
- Springtime Savings| Vernon Hills, Burbank, Oak Park