For many the summer heat is no surprise. Every year we face high 80s and even the occasional 90 or 100 degree day in Chicago. Most have an air conditioned home to seek refuge in during these dangerously hot days, but even air conditioned homes face the potential for system failures. The stifling heat can choke an air conditioner and cause the system to overheat. Those that take good care of their systems don’t usually have this problem, but for those that haven’t cared for their units in years, this problem is all too common.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Luckily, Four Seasons Heating and Air Conditioning is there for you even when your air conditioner isn’t! We are open 24 hours a day to service your system, but odds are these hot days will have a bit of a waiting list. We will still service your unit same day but you may have to go without cooling for a few hours. For some this may not be a big deal, but for others, scorching hot temperatures could be a death sentence! That is why we are offering our customers a few tips to keep in mind while they wait for their service technician to fix their air conditioner:
- Drink plenty of water even when you are not thirsty
- Check children and the elderly frequently for signs of heat exhaustion
- Stay out of the sun!
- Close blinds and drapes to help shade the inside of the home
- Use ceiling and plug in fans
- Take a cold bath or shower
- Wear light clothing when indoors
- Stay inside as much as possible
- Make friends with a neighbor that has a functional cooling system
- Stay cool in any way you can because help is on the way!
Other Related articles
- Staying Cool and Safe During the Upcoming Months
- Protect the Air Conditioner this Winter| Orland Park, Lynwood, Hinsdale
- Spring Air Conditioning Maintenance | Hoffman Estates, Lynwood
- Ways To Stay Cool Indoors- Save Energy! | Homewood, Darien
- The Wrong Fans to Cool Your Home| Downers Grove, Medinah, Wayne